The D-1 Showcase is one of the premier competitive boys and girls showcases held in Chattanooga, TN where every player has the opportunity to showcase their skills in front of college coaches and scouts. Led by former professional, Ricky Taylor, players will be carefully evaluated through advanced skill development and 5 on 5 play. This showcase is tailored for basketball players to ultimately prepare them for the collegiate level!
Players will have the opportunity to learn about increasing their scoring average, excelling in the classroom, recruiting, leadership, and much more! With Christian values and principles, this showcase aims to help players identify the necessary steps to receive a scholarship on the Division I, Division II, Division III, NAIA, and NJCAA levels while being a Christian athlete.
SHOWCASE SCHEDULE – Saturday, March 25 & June 24
9:00am – 9:30am (Players & Parents) – Check-In/Registration of attendance
9:30am – 10:30am (Players & Parents) – Welcome & Stretching (All Grades) Professional Skill Development (Advanced Ball Handling, Shooting, Passing, Rebounding, etc.)
10:30am – 12:00pm (Parents & Players) – Classroom Sessions
10:30am – 10:50am – How to Increase Your Scoring Average – In this powerful session, Coach Ricky Taylor, will be providing tools and resources how to increase your scoring average! Players will be taught some of the secrets how to get up more attempts and position themselves to score more points. This session will focus on the complete basketball player from the physical and mental state of being a dominant and prolific scorer.
10:50am – 11:10am – Excelling in the Classroom – The Importance of Academics/Having a Backup Plan – In addition to excelling on the basketball court, players must be able to excel in the classroom. This session will teach players the importance on excelling in the classroom to potentially receive academic scholarships. Only 5.7% of male high school students play at the collegiate level and only 6.2% of female high school students play at the collegiate level. This session will encourage athletes to take their academics seriously and always be conscious to having a back up plan.
11:10am – 11:20am – The Importance of Strength & Conditioning (Getting in the Weight Room) – If athletes want to perform at their best potential, athletes must make the sacrifice to get stronger, faster, and quicker with strength & conditioning. This session will advise athletes on the importance to getting stronger and being in top shape. This class will teach athletes how to gain a killer instinct, increase confidence and be able to play and finish with contact.
11:20am – 11:40am – Having the Proper Diet (What to eat before & after games) – In order for athletes to be at their top level, athletes must take care of their bodies by eating healthy. This class will provide a list of the different types of food that will increase energy levels while playing. Vice versa, this class will show you what unhealthy foods can do to your game performance.
11:40am – 12:00pm – What College Coaches Are Looking for in a Player? – There are several students who may not be understand what it ultimately takes to receive a phone call or a letter from a college institution. This class session is designed to let players know the different areas that college coaches look at (size, shooting ability, game I.Q., skillset, etc.). Players will leave with a better understanding on what to work on to receive a call from a college coach.
12:00pm -12:30pm Lunch – Food available for purchase in the concession stand.
12:30pm- 1:30pm – Media – Photos & Video Interviews
1:30pm – 2:30pm – (Parents & Players) – Dunk Contest & 3 Point Contest
2:30pm- 7:30pm – (Parents & Players) – 5 on 5 play (Teams will be selected by grade division) Coaches will be evaluating players to decide which level players can play at (Division I, Division II, Division III, NAIA, NJCAA) * Players can make purchases from the concession stand throughout their games
7:30pm – 8:00pm – (Parents & Players) – Leadership & Bible Study On The Court – Coaches will share about the importance on being a leader on the court and off the court. Players will be encouraged to be the example of great leadership and set the standard in practices, warmups and games.
7:30pm – 7:40pm – Creating A Positive Atmosphere In Your Practices & Games
7:40pm – 8:00pm – Bible Study on the Court – Testimony from Coach Ricky Taylor
8:00pm – 8:30pm – (Parents & Players) Questions and Answers – Coach Ricky Taylor & Panel
SHOWCASE SCHEDULE Sunday, March 26 and June 25
12:00pm – 1:00pm – Classroom Sessions
12:00pm – 12:20pm – Recruiting – How to get a Division 1 Scholarship – This session will provide players with advice on how to receive a Division I scholarship.
12:20pm – 12:40pm – How Not to Overlook Other Schools (Division II, Division III, NAIA, NJCAA) – This session will encourage players that there is nothing wrong with playing at a Division II, Division III, NAIA, or NJCAA institution.
12:40pm – 1:00pm – Investing in Your Game (Personal Training, DVDs, Camps) – This session will discuss the importance on personal training. Every player must be able to grow and expand their game by not being a multi-dimensional player. Players will receive tips on how investing in your game will pay off.
1:00pm – 4:00pm – 5 on 5 play
D-1 Showcase Details
1. Games in the main gym will be recorded & uploaded to our YouTube channel!
2. Players will have MEDIA DAY, 3 POINT & DUNK CONTEST! Every player will be interviewed, take photos, and have the opportunity to record videos. Because this is a Christian Basketball Ministry, there will be BIBLE STUDY ON THE COURT given to players and parents.
3. Players will go through professional basketball drills that will be challenging! With detailed and enthusiastic teaching, players will increase their game playing IQ, improve their overall game, sharpen current skills, and showcase themselves to college coaches who attend.
4. Players are FREE to play their games (no limits/no boundaries)! Players will randomly selected to team and will have coaches who will be there to encourage you all the way! Top 20 selection will be selected based on skill development sessions as well as 5 on 5 play.
5. Players will receive a game jersey that will have to be returned to RTB staff after their last game.
6. Although Division 1 coaches are not permitted to attend due to our events not falling within the NCAA Live Period, we will reach out to D-1 coaches on behalf of the players who are capable of playing on the Division 1 level.
So why attend this showcase?
Ricky Taylor Basketball is dedicated to providing you with truthful and reliable information. We are committed to seeing your potential being fulfilled and you becoming a better basketball player. Ultimately, we love seeing young men and women becoming successful in the arena of basketball. This camp will increase your chances of becoming a better basketball player and maximize your potential.
This is also important for any unsigned seniors who are looking to earn an athletic scholarship before attending college in the fall. There are many coaches that are still looking to sign players late due to their current players being academically illegible and players transferring to other schools. So remember, it is never too late! Even for the unsigned seniors which may have already been accepted into schools for academics, attending this showcase can increase your opportunity to earn a full ride scholarship.
1. Our camps include inspirational speeches that include the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. We believe in the Power of Prayer.
3. We teach about the true love of God, the Power of the Holy Spirit, and victory through Christ Jesus.
1. Ricky Taylor Basketball will encourage players to perform well not only on the basketball court but also in the classroom.
2. We support education; therefore, we motivate players to excel academically to increase their opportunity of success.
3. Ricky Taylor Basketball’s staff appreciates feedback from players doing well after they perform well in the classroom.
1. Our staff is an official NCAA participation approval for operators and coaches.
2. Our CEO and lead skills coach, Ricky Taylor, is an active professional basketball player who has international experience in Germany, England, and Ireland.
3. Our staff is committed to developing close relationships with our aspiring athletes by providing them with resourceful information to help prepare for the future
4. Players receive the most effective type of guidance which is poured into them in many different aspect levels that enables them to understand and comprehend both mentally and physically.
5. We are the most proficient and productive basketball camp in the nation.
All Age Groups from middle to high school, including unsigned seniors. Middle school players who would like to participate may attend.
Players are responsible for arranging their own transportation. The RTB staff will be able to make necessary arrangement for players with extreme circumstances. Please email us in the “Contact Us” section if this applies to you.
For players that may be traveling alone or need to find another source to get to Chattanooga, please visit this website for bus tickets and travel
COST or REFUNDS
We do not issues refunds for camps. If you cannot attend the camp date that has been paid for, those funds can be applied towards a future camp date for you.
(Public General Admission: $10)
Medical Release Agreement
I, the undersigned parent or guardian, do hereby authorize Ricky Taylor Basketball to secure any and all medical treatment in the event that I cannot be contacted. I further authorize any attending physician to render any and all medical care which he/she may deem necessary. It is understood that, in any event, an attempt will be made to contact the person before such treatment is started. I, the undersigned parent or guardian, also certify that my child is physically fit to attend the Ricky Taylor Basketball D-1 Showcase and participate in all camp activities. I release Ricky Taylor Basketball, and all their affiliated entities from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury or loss suffered by my child in connection with participation in the camp. I also agree and understand that there is a NO REFUND policy for payments made to Ricky Taylor Basketball.
I also understand that while I am participating in the D-1 Showcase, I will be storing any personal property in a locker room contained in the premises. I agree to take all steps necessary to secure the safety of any such property such as, but not limited to, purchasing a lock at my own expense. I also understand that I should only store in a locker the types of property necessary to participate in the program. I fully waive all claims of liability of whatever sort for all lost, damaged, or destroyed property of whatever kind that I may bring while participating in the basketball camp.