National Top 100 H.S. Basketball Combine–July 26-27, Chattanooga, TN
This camp is hosted by Tennessee Temple University
Description: The National High School Basketball Combine is a camp that is for serious athletes looking to become a complete basketball player with speed and agility. Players will be put through skill development and coaches will draft players like an actual NBA/WNBA draft. Players will go into the Lee Roberson Center to see their names placed on the projection screen in front of their peers. This combine will provide players on how it feels to be drafted by a team.
This camp is composed of players being tested on speed, agility, and vertical jump. Players will have their weight and height measured. Players will be timed on lateral movement, quickness, and reaction time. Campers will be treated as professional athletes; they will have their times written down on their evaluation sheet.
- Participants will undergo a series of physical drills, measurements, and interviews
- Coaches will draft players on their team
- Players will play 5 on 5 pick-up games
- An MVP of the Combine will be crowned
Will you be the #1 draft pick by the coaches?
National Combine is no ordinary event for several reasons
- We will have a National Basketball Recruiter who is also a professional basketball player scouting and analyzing players.
- TN Temple University coaching staff will be in attendance.
- College coaches will be coming in and out of the gym for those 2 days.
- Players will be tested on vertical jump, speed, and agility.
- Players will be put through advanced basketball drills with detailed and enthusiastic teaching to increase their game playing IQ, improve their overall game, sharpen current skills, and showcase themselves to college coaches.
- There will be a Top 20 All-Star Game on Sunday July 27th, 2014.
- ONLY the Top 20 selection will have a professional player evaluation provided by the coaching staff. These evaluations can be sent to the top programs in the nation depending upon the level of skill and play from the players.
- The coaching staff is be responsible for the Top 20 All-star game selection; therefore it is highly recommend that players take every drill seriously. Top 20 Selection will be selected based on skill development sessions as well as 5 on 5 play.
- The Top 20 will have their name and picture taken for exposure.
Why attend this showcase?
Ricky Taylor Basketball is dedicated to providing you with truthful and reliable information. We are committed to seeing your potential fulfilled and you becoming a better basketball player. Ultimately, we love seeing young men and women becoming successful in the arena of basketball. This camp will increase your chances of becoming a better basketball player and maximize your potential.
What Distinguishes Us?
- We are honest about providing accurate and truthful information.
- We want to develop a relationship with you by being responsive.
- We commit to responding to emails in a timely manner and provide accurate feedback and advice.
- We are a Christ based international basketball ministry.
- We want to pour into you, give you the inside scoop, have you prepared and not confused.
- Being Realistic
- There will be professional basketball players in attendance as well as national scouts and a professional staff that could possibly recommend you to a college.
$175 – Includes cost of camp and 1 day housing with meals.
$200 – Includes cost of camp and 2 days housing with meals.
Please be aware that housing is on a first come first serve basis and spots will fill up quickly!! Players must pay up front in order to secure their guaranteed spot in the Combine.
Partial payment deposits of $100 can be accepted to secure housing and spot in camp, with final payment being due on or before July 25th.
Cost increases for any registrations after July 21st
From $175 to $225 – (cost of camp and 1 day housing with meals)
From $200 to $250 – (cost of camp and 2 days housing with meals)
Registration Deadline: July 21st 2014
Check-In Date and Times
2 Day Housing: Friday 25th check-in from 4:00pm – 6:00pm at TN Temple Gym
1 Day Housing: Saturday 26th check-in from 8:00am – 9:30am at TN Temple Gym
Travel and Transportation
Transportation, including pick ups from the Chattanooga Airport, will be provided only for kids who are staying in dorms.
For players that may be traveling alone or need to find another source to get to Chattanooga, please visit this website for bus tickets and travel
This is camp is composed of high school players (rising 9th graders through graduating seniors) and any male or female 18 or over looking to play college or professional basketball.
- Boys and Girls
- Rising 9th graders through graduating seniors (9-12)
- Any male or female 18 or over looking to play college or professional basketball
Tennessee Temple University
1815 Union Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404
The camp will take place in McGilvray Gym in which you will have to turn onto Kirby Avenue. McGilvray Gym is diagonal from the Lee Roberson Center on Union Avenue.
You DO NOT want to miss this National Combine! This is a 2 day event and spots will fill up quickly. Players are already registering due to high demand of a low cost and affordable showcase for all.
If you are unable to register in a timely manner, manual registration may be possible on the day of camp, but not guaranteed. Please contact me for details.
National Combine Top 100 Showcase Player Details
- Each player is guaranteed playing time as there will be a lot of pick up play organized by Ricky Taylor Basketball staff.
- Each player will have their picture. Pictures will be placed on the Ricky Taylor Basketball Facebook page which can be found here https://www.facebook.com/RickyTaylorBasketball?ref=hl
- Players will receive a game play jersey at check in. (Jerseys must be returned at the end of each day events)
- See “All Camp Features” under Basketball Camps for additional camp features provided
- Top 20 All-Star selection will be interviewed. Interviews may be added to websites and/or sent to college recruiters.
- Top 20 All-Star selection will be ranked in stats order and posted to the Ricky Taylor website for all to see.
- Players must be checked out of dorm rooms by 12 noon.
National Combine Top 100 Showcase Schedule
Saturday July 26th
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM — Check-In/Registration of attendance (9:00 AM – 10:00AM MEAL 1 – BREAKFAST PROVIDED ONLY FOR PLAYERS WHO STAY OVERNIGHT FOR 2 NIGHTS)
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM — Welcome & Stretching with Strength & Conditioning Coach (All Grades)
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM — Testing on Vertical, Speed, and Agility
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM — Skill Development (groups time will be announced at camp)
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Break/Intercession
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – MEAL 2 -DINNER PROVIDED
5:00pm – 10:00pm — 5 on 5 plays
10:00 PM — Conclusion- Discussion & Motivational Speech (all players must not leave after their final games. All players must be in full attendance in the gym at 10:00 PM)
Sunday July 27th
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – MEAL 3 – BREAKFAST PROVIDED
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM — 5 on 5 plays
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM — Conclusion – Last Words and Top 20 All-Star selection provided by National Recruiter Ricky Taylor
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM – MEAL 4 – LUNCH PROVIDED AT END OF CAMP
****Top 20 All-Star Games Schedule*****
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Girls Top 20 All-Star game
3:30 PM – 4:30 PM – Boys Top 20 All-Star game
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM – Conclusion and MVP announcement provided by National Recruiter Ricky Taylor
Hotels Near TN Temple
Tennessee Temple University is a private Christian university located in Chattanooga. The campus is east of the city in the Highland Park neighborhood.
Closest hotels – as the crow flies – are listed first.
|TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Based on 1679 reviews Read Recent Reviews
Red Roof Plus Hotel & Suites Chattanooga
2431 Williams Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408 3 miles
See RatesFrom $68
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Downtown Chattanooga
495 Riverfront Parkway, Chattanooga, TN 37402 3 miles
See RatesFrom $161